Nitto Europe NV produces high quality products, such as surface protection tapes, double-coated adhesive tapes and insulation tapes for different industrial markets as well as sealing and NVH materials for the automotive industry.
We recognize that in order to safeguard the earth for the coming generations, a sustainable use of resources in our operations is essential. Consequently, Nitto Europe NV, through the adoption of the corporate vision ’Clean Green & Healthy company, is committed in all its operations to respect and act in the best interest of the environment, the health and safety of its employees, the local and global community, customers, visitors and contractors.
The implementation of our EHS-policy is based upon the following guidelines:
- ‘One-Nitto’: all activities will take place in full compliance with the applicable laws and regulations as well as the worldwide Nitto Denko-guidelines regarding the environment, health and safety.
- In line with the Nitto Denko Group’s policy “Safety First, Profits Second”, Nitto Europe aims at establishing and maintaining a workplace environment that allows employees to work safely.
- Proper Management of Chemical Substances: Nitto Europe aims to implement a consistent approach to the information we provide relating to the safe management of chemical substances including raw materials used in the manufacturing of our products.
- Our manufacturing processes will be adjusted and improved continuously in such a way that activities will occur in safe and healthy circumstances, waste is reduced, emission to air will be decreased, the use of raw material is economized and energy is consumed efficiently and effectively.
- The development of products and new technologies will incorporate a high level of attention to a safe and healthy application, to reduce the possible negative environmental impact.
- Environmental, health and safety training is essential and preventive behaviour has to be encouraged at all times. Therefore all employees and contractors, having a relevant impact on the health and safety of those involved, as well as on the environment, will receive adequate information and/or training in order to ensure that the policy will be understood, implemented and maintained.
- Based upon a proper understanding of our operational impact, we will develop internal environmental, health and safety objectives and targets, and pursue them in an organized manner to ensure the continual improvement.
We want to communicate our slogan ‘Open-Fair-Best’ also in the area of environment, health and safety through an open and direct dialogue with clients, suppliers, the authorities and surrounding inhabitants.